See you November 18!
Pura Vida (Wikipedia Definition, paraphrased)...Pura Vida, literally translated means "Pure Life" but means contextually something approximate to "Full of Life", "Purified life", "This is living!" It can be used as a greeting, as a word of farewell, to express satisfaction...Costa Ricans use the phrase to express something akin to a philosophy of...enjoying life slowly and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Colorado Fun!
Sorry we haven't blogged for a while (especially you Kiwis!!), I'm grounded from blogging and facebook and other fun internet things until I take my boards on November 17. I worked all night last night so my treat today is to cruise my friends' blogs and leave our own update. (Craaazzzy, I know!)
Shortly after we got back we went to a "Mad Men" theme party with some of Patrick's friends from work. After living abroad for a year we didn't really know what "Mad Men" was all about, so we had to google it. We made Patrick a skinny tie from a ribbon and I used a lot of hairspray to make a "flip" with my hair. (I was channelling my mom's engagement photo.) All we need are our martinin glasses.
I also got to go to Kansas City to celebrate "Kate's Wedding" with my girlfriends from home. There is just nothing like old friends. I'm so lucky to have these girls -- we live all over the country and do all kinds of different things, but when we all get together we're still just "The Girls." We're posing in this picture with our cute cardigans -- we all bought the same cardigan on the same day. When you don't live in the same town you can do that!! :)
More fun with the Garden City Girls. Miss you all!! (As a side note, these girls are the best bloggers ever, I stalk them and their kids through their blogs almost daily...except for when I'm studying for boards and grounded from blogs.)
We also had a visit from the Newlyweds, Laura and Jon. It was so fun to get to have them all to ourselves for a whole weekend!! We went on a tour at the Coors Brewery, sampled some beers, and got some behind-the-scenes info from our friend that works there.
Here we are at Boulder Falls -- Gotta love Colorado!
My "little" cousin Connor came to check out Regis University for next year -- they had seen the Cherry Cricket on the Travel Channel, so we had to take them and choke down our burgers and beer. (Lemonade for Connor, of course.) Legendary.
Sean, Patrick and Connor on the steps at the Capital -- 5,280 feet, Mile High.
And, in case you haven't heard. Patrick did the "24 Hours of Boulder" run -- he actually did a "shorter" version, running 70 miles. Here he is after his 6th 7-mile lap at the Boulder Reservoir. I ran the 3rd lap with him, and he had some more friends come run with him at the end. I'm so proud of him!!
Sunset over the Flatirons at the Boulder Reservoir. Gotta love Colorado!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Garden City Girls-I feel bad for people who don't have some.
ReplyDeleteThis post gave me goosebumps three different times. I love you and miss you! And Patrick...you're a super-hero. What an awesome physical and mental accomplishment.
ReplyDelete