A few weeks ago we were lucky enough to escape on a "Babymoon." We did not invent the babymoon, but we were more than happy to carry on the tradition -- take a mini-vacation shortly before your baby comes, a long weekend in which you do whatever you want. :) Lucky for us Uncle Sean and Aunt Teresa had won a weekend at the
Ritz Carlton at Bachelor Gulch in
Beaver Creek at a charity auction earlier in the year. And unlucky for them they had been unable to find dates to come when it wasn't blacked out. Since we live here, we were able to head up on a random weekend. It was terribly luxurious, as a babymoon should be!!

We got to sleep in...Well, I slept in while Patrick got up and skiied or snowboarded. It's ski-in-ski-out (and the ski concierge heats your boots!!), so you don't have to get up early at all!!


We also got to see one of the World Cup ski races. Bode Miller even won that day, woo-hoo! I have been down the Birds of Prey run a few times...but never quite as fast as the World Cup racers.

Our room was huge, and definitely the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed in. Here is Patrick enjoying an evening beer after a hard day of skiing, topped off by time in the hotel spa/hot tub. Shortly after this we'll leave and they'll put chocolates on the pillows. (I think Patrick is supposed to have his pinky out to drink beer in here...)


We spent the first evening listening to the live music in the great room -- huge fire, cold beers (or warm cider if you're knocked up!), and a guy with a guitar. Que mas quieres?? The second evening the new guy with the guitar was not as good, so we got dessert to go, and watched the KU game and ate dessert in our room. Dessert and KU basketball in bed...again, I ask you, que mas quieres???!!
The weekend ended with a nice snow overnight Saturday, so Patrick had some fresh powder (a rarity this season - I picked the right season to be pregnant!). We brought snowshoes, but there was so little snow that the only place to snowshoe was on the ski runs. Patrick said the only thing he could think of worse than his pregnant wife on skis on the mountain would be his pregnant wife on snowshoes on the mountain! So I went to the spa instead (again. lap pool, gym, hot tub up to the waist, pedicure, not a bad deal!!)
It was one of the MOST fun weekends, and we are so grateful to have such a nice aunt and uncle who are so incredibly generous. Prior to this I had only ever had drinks in the lobby of the Ritz. Now I have been an official guest. (A girl could get used to this!) YOU ROCK!!! THANK YOU!!!
So glad for you! Sounds lovely.
ReplyDelete