First off, Mommy says life is crazy! She told Daddy she is going to change the name of our blog to "Livin' La Vida Loca!"
But, as I grow more and more, we've settled into a bit of a routine, and I am fairly predictable.
When we first get up, Mommy makes breakfast and tea or "coffee" (General Foods prepackaged mocha!), and we sit on the back patio with Duke and enjoy the sunshine while Mommy eats. It's starting to get pretty chilly on these Colorado mornings...Mommy is getting sad these mornings are over.
Usually after that I have some cereal (I prefer rice to oatmeal), with cinnamon (yum!), and then I like to play in my exersaucer. Especially outside. I love everything more outside.
Mommy or Daddy or the babysitter take me for a walk most every morning after my first nap, before it gets too hot. I can sit facing forward in the jogging stroller now instead of in the carseat adapter (as long as my escort isn't actually running...). It is so much more fun to go for walks and see the world and watch Duke than it was to stare at Mommy or the sky, facing backwards. I almost never fall asleep on walks now!
...And most days I have a little Chipotle for lunch...
(Just kidding. But I can sit up in the high chair...sort of...with a bolster...and Mommy and Daddy watching me...very closely.)
I'm also eating "solids" now! Mushy cereal, and all kinds of veggies. This is my "Bitter Beer" face, that I make whenever I try something new...
...But usually after a few tries at a new food I look like this. So far I like peas and sweet potatoes the most. Daddy grew me lots of carrots and butternut squash in the garden, so whether I love them or not, I will be eating LOTS of them!
Mommy discovered these cool infant seats integrated into the carts at Wal-Mart! I love them! I can sit right up by Mommy, and see out the whole time. MUCH better than the carseat, and more stable. I like to hold new things, especially things that are not baby toys, so every aisle Mommy gives me something new to hold. Like the avocado, or some english muffins, etc.
I can also army crawl now! Just 1 week ago I was sort of tentatively pulling 1 pace or 2 with my arms, and mostly wiggling to get around... That's how I ended up in the grass here. But in just 1 week I am a master army crawler. I can cover half the living room in no time flat. Mommy says she needs to find a place to put the New Zealand wine in the wine rack...among other things. This house needs to be Ben-Proofed!
Love and miss you all!
Benjamin









My kids have all played with bottles of wine-no breakage yet! :) Looking good, Mr. Ben.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny -- Patrick is more afraid of him pulling the wine rack onto himself, and I am more worried about bottles of wine shattering on him...Either way, I think it has to go!!
ReplyDelete