Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Go Cats?

I think we've already established that Wanganui has one of the best Saturday Farmers' Markets around -- the River Traders Market. This last week, Patrick was chatting up one of our favorite vendors, The Flying Fox, a little B&B up the river that also grows and produces a lot of yummy organic treats. They were selling PURPLE potatoes. Aren't these crazy??!! We ate them just like baked potatoes, and with your eyes closed, they tasted just like a regular potato. Just imagine if K-State fans could make purple fries, mashed potatoes, potato salad, hash browns...what amazing purple tail-gating food. The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

  1. Endless possibilities indeed. They have such a lovely color. I think I've only ever had them in chip form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly-Ship them to your parents...they could start a purple potato revolution in Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete