Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Winter Fun!

A common holiday tradition in the U.S. is to make iced sugar cookies for Christmas. My parents brought my Grammy a kiwi cookie cutter when they came to visit last year, so for Christmas we got to have kiwi sugar cookies!! (Grammy's sugar cookies are the best!)Now that it's winter, Patrick can't decide if he should ski or trail run...such a tough life, right?! So he's been splitting his weekends, skiing 1 day and trail running the other. Here he is last weekend with Duke at Bergen Peak. (I think that's ice on Duke's muzzle!)
Yesterday we packed our lunch and headed up the mountain early for a ski Saturday at Keystone. If you leave Denver too late, the 1 1/2 hr drive can quickly turn into 3 because of traffic. So instead we left early - 6 am!! But then we stopped at the Inxpot at the Keystone base and drank coffee, split a breakfast sandwich, and read the paper...and then were on the mountain promptly at 9 am. It was a blissful Saturday morning -- I'd much rather sit in the Inxpot drinking coffee than on I-70!

As you can see the weather was fantastic, sunny and a high around 33 (that's Fahrenheit, for all you Kiwis!) -- A little crusty in the morning b/c no new snow for a few days, but it softened up nicely.


Ahhh...I heart Colorado!



Have to go...KU and Michigan in overtime...They need me!




No comments:

Post a Comment