Pura Vida (Wikipedia Definition, paraphrased)...Pura Vida, literally translated means "Pure Life" but means contextually something approximate to "Full of Life", "Purified life", "This is living!" It can be used as a greeting, as a word of farewell, to express satisfaction...Costa Ricans use the phrase to express something akin to a philosophy of...enjoying life slowly and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Kepler and Routeburn
I am back safely after 5 days of tramping (backpacking in NZ). I had great weather and never put on the rain coat!!! I heard a kiwi (first time) and had a kea (mountain parrot) squawk from about 8 feet away from my head in the middle of the night as I tried to sleep outdoors at this hut. Needless to saw I moved back inside because they are huge, smart, and destructive (not usually to people but to property). I have only 2 of the seven great walks of NZ left so we'll see if I will able to complete those before NZ winter moves in. Photos to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment