I hear changes in barometric pressure are supposed to get babies moving...so far, no such luck. I suppose if I REALLY wanted to go into labor, I'd go running with these two yahoos -- Note Patrick is appropriately outfitted with goggles, 2 sets of tights, gaiters and work gloves. Duke has his fur coat. I think it's too cold for babies, even in utero!
The last total I saw was 14 inches, that was a few hours ago, so I am sure it's way more now. Probably wouldn't want to spend a lot of time standing under the roof here --
Instead of running, I finished a much put-off project of making and hanging homemade art on the baby's room wall. I got the idea from pinterest, covered these canvases with fabric that I had ironed phrases onto. (It's based on the verse in Proverbs, "Train a child up in the way he should go..."; then it just says things we'd like to teach him/her on the canvases.) Those who know me best know I hate doing arts & crafts (it's a bit much for this concrete scientist's brain), and this was a labor of love -- But worth it for Baby T. :)


I tried zillions of things and never convinced Anna to come, and Katie came, 5 days late, after a day of watching TV ALL DAY LONG. So I'm no help. But excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat do the canvases say?
I just saw your comments -- Sara, we drove out in this blizzard for Mexican, to no avail (at least not immediately!), and Betsy, the framed quote is the Proverbs "Train a child up in the way he should go..", and the canvases say "Teach me to Love," "Teach me to be brave," "Teach me to be strong," "Teach me to listen," "Teach me to learn," "Teach me to give," ... I can't think of the last one!!
Delete