Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Baby Ben

"Ooooooh"



 Daddy Recliner



 Moby Wrap self portrait



 Arms out, please



 I like to lay like this ... 



...More so than this.


Get to know Ben -- Here are some things about Baby Ben:

1.)  I like to be swaddled with my arms out.  So I can suck loudly on my hands.
2.)  I can suck on my hands, but I don't really have good control over where they land.  So I sometimes hit myself in the face and my hands get in the way of eating.
3.)  I am starting to focus on people's faces more and more.
4.)  Sometimes my Mommy and Daddy think I am smiling, but I am just pooping.
5.)  I really like looking at black and white figures from this website .  At first I only liked the vertical and horizontal lines, but now I like squigglies and snowflakes.  It's like baby TV.  There were some good ones hanging next to my changing pad, but Mommy had to take them down because I peed on them.
6.)  Speaking of peeing, the first person I peed on was Grandma Donna.  She didn't mind.
7.)  I love to sit in the "Daddy Recliner" where I lay on his legs with his knees up and look at him while he reads or talks to me.  I don't like the "Mommy Recliner" as much because her femurs are much shorter.
8.)  I dislike Tummy Time, but I am getting better at it.  Mommy sings the "Tummy Time" song, which goes to the tune of "Smelly Cat." (From Friends)
9.)  I am getting better neck control, but I am a bit of a Kamikazi.  I have just enough strength in my neck to start a movement, but can't really finish it, so I frequently go for nose-dives in various directions.  This keeps Mommy and Daddy on their toes.
10.)  Mommy and Daddy like to put me in the Moby wrap, but I only like it if I am sleeping.  If Mommy puts me in and walks around I am out like a light -- it's just like where I spent the last 9 months!  (sort of)
11.)  I purse my lips and make a face like I'm saying, "Ooooooooooh."  I have done this since I was first born.  Mommy and Daddy keep saying "No, say 'Aaaaaah'" when it's time to eat.

1 comment:

  1. I like him! Can't wait to learn more and more about you, Baby Ben!

    ReplyDelete