Ben's first Easter was a success -- sort of! Here is his Easter outfit:
(PS - As an aside, is he not my brother Shannon's mini-me in this picture?!?!)
Where are all of the cute clothes, you might ask? Well, Ben had other ideas. We went to 7 am mass because I knew all of the others would be a zoo (and a good thing, too, we were early and still barely got a seat!), and Ben was still sleeping so we didn't want to wake him up just to put him in a more Easter-y outfit. So he just came with me in his overnight plain white onesie. We added the Easter egg colored hat and socks to be festive.
Then, in church, I was looking around at all of the other babies in their cute matching sweater sets and Easter-y outfits and then looking at my baby, in the onesie he slept in, noticing that it was covered in dog hair...and...What is this? Grass? How does a 2 month old get grass on himself while he was sleeping?!? And lots of spit up in his hair...and thinking "Well, at least we CAME to church!" And just as I'm thinking this, he poops and it goes out the diaper and up his back, a real blow out. And THEN I laughed. So THIS onesie was the one that was luckily in the diaper bag that he got changed into at church. I had to take this picture because it was too funny.
I ran into a nurse friend of mine, and she said her baby was cute because he got up at 5. She said, "I'd bring him in a onesie, too, if he'd sleep past 7!" Amen, sister!
The Easter Bunny brought Ben some new books and some candy for those of us with teeth.
Cousin Connor, who is a freshman at Regis, came over for Easter dinner, with our old buddy Marshall. Pulled pork from the crock pot, and wine on the back patio. (No wine for Connor, of course.) (Or Ben.) (Not that Marshall didn't try, of course.)
No Easter outfits here -- I had long since changed to work out, and Daddy was working in the yard. But look at this baby, covered in dog hair, grass, spit-up, and poo -- Was there ever a boy so loved?!?! :)



This post makes smile and nod. Been there. Will be there again soon. I love that you roll with it.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I saw one of those signs on Pinterest that said something like "Parenting without a sense of humor is like being an accountant who is really bad at math." Laughing is the best part of having kids, in my opinion.
ReplyDelete