Huka Falls and More Fun in Auckland!

- I'm having trouble uploading any more pictures today, so you'll have to settle for this picture I found online... This weekend we drove to Lake Taupo after work Thursday night. After a run along the shoreline there Friday morning, we did an easy little hike to Huka Falls -- took about 45 minutes rolling along the Wakati River. After we arrived we ooohed and ahhhed at the falls, pictured here, and then we saw the parking lot! I guess we could have driven but the hike and it's views were well worth it!
- Friday we meandered along Highway 1 to Auckland to get Cash. We met up with another Rockhurst alum on Saturday who is from Auckland...and then watched the All Blacks crush Australia in a rugby game. We took this in at the Queens Ferry Hotel - the oldest pub in Auckland. We sat by some locals who were nice enough to help us with some of the rules!
- I flew back to Wanganui today for work tomorrow, and Patrick and Cash are going to drive back over a few days and see some sights...Sigh. I'm going to miss Patrick. Amazing how fast a girl can get used to seeing her husband every day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment